Sunday, May 13, 2012

the beginning

Hi! My name is Erica. Welcome to my new blog Perfectly Imperfect. I'm one of those people who like things just so.  (You can ask some of my close friends for examples of this - it can get to be pretty crazy and it becomes a constant source of enjoyment for them.) This can get to be a challenge when things don't go my way, which I have to admit happens more often than not. Over the last few years I've struggled to find the simplicity in life as well as trying to learn to live with less. This has been a constant source of struggle, but when I can manage it I find that overall I'm lighter. My heart, my soul and my "baggage" are all lighter. One of the things that holds me back the most is the idea of perfection. In the world we live in today we are constantly surrounded by images and ideas of perfection. It can be hard sometimes not to compare yourself to these images and even if you say you don't they still can manage to get into your subconscious. I know that a lot of my ideas of perfection come from that little voice inside that is always saying "it's not good enough". Lately I keep noticing little things that keep reminding me of just how imperfect I really am. This blog is meant to be more of a journey towards accepting the imperfect and realizing that those are the things that help shape who I am, because really nothing, absolutely nothing, in life is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment